View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4029262)   #119
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
regardless of who has been in charge, Renault have struggled with their F1 branding for the past 10-15 years or so and now that they have Alonso back how do they separate themselves from, imo, a very troubled history?

for me, if a name change can help separate themselves from that history then this has already been their most successful branding relaunch in these 10-15 years.

the video also points to Aston Martin as having done a good job (ostensibly by showing them raise a flag and putting up a very nice sign outside their factory) but have they actually done a good job?

Racing Point was a terrible place holder name, most preferred calling them a Pink Mercedes and getting docked points was not a good start for their brand, the boss' son is their driver and while i do rate him i doubt this does any favours for their branding dept either, they certainly missed a trick by not advancing/getting the consensus to change the name earlier, and given how rarely customer teams win races its possible the only win this team will get will be under the RP moniker and not AM the banner they really needed it to be.

or maybe AM just look better at it because they are a full year into their rebranding exercise and have already got early hiccups out of the way?