View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3851938)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Au contraire, mon ami !!!
I love every aspect of auto racing. And there's nothing like a good battle (anywhere in the field) as long as it's not "contrived" by watering down the requirements to succeed just to put on a show. That's what movies are for. Or IndyCar, NASCAR, and BoPed racing (poor Le Mans and sportscar racing in general, no longer even a shadow of itself), not the so called (deservedly so) pinnacle of auto racing.

Thus....advantage?........Me.
Perceived advantage, perhaps. But again, it's a personal thing. I'm firmly with 52Paddy on this one. We're talking about racing. It's one of the reasons why, notwithstanding some faults, Senna was the ultimate F1 driver for me, because it was all about racing, beating everyone in every session and the race. I'm also a sportscar fan, far more so than an F1 fan, and although I deplore the concept of BoP, I've seen some incredible racing brought about by BoP (such as GTEPro at Le Mans in 2017). With the level of financial and manufacturer support that F1 has, sportscar racing could easily outshadow F1. The pinnacle of auto racing?, again, it depends on what you expect from it. The fact is that many of us expect racing not processions - there are just too many of those. It would be good if the racing was uncontrived, but we live in the real world. And anyhow, if its suggested that F1 is uncontrived auto racing I think that's viewing it through different coloured specs than the ones I'm wearing right now.....