Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3863684)   #650
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I was under the impression that Madison was still paying to race...and even if he won a championship if he's paying I would think he should still be a silver. Christina after all won multiple championships and is still silver.

If he was pay driver in 2018 and they still bumped him to Gold I feel like that would be somewhat unprecedented.

Van der Linde is on Audi's payroll, so I can't argue with that one in the slightest.
I believe he is paying for at least some of it but he's almost as fast as Sellers in the car. He seems to be one of the true Ams that is outside of the usual expectations of a guy like the Eds in prototypes and can truly pedal a car with the best of them. But he has a family history of speed, his mom was FAST in old GTs and I believe ran old turbo 911s back in the day, his dad was no slouch himself and McKay is quick as well.

As for staying Silver because he pays and does not generate his living mostly from racing, I would say Gold in IMSA is right as he is fast. I would say limiting that to GTD should be required, if he wants to bring the funds to run a P2 car than he should be Silver again. He is MUCH faster than Christina so I don't think that's a fair comparison.