Thread: Race Control...
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3620794)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
See it's so simple, why couldn't the average punter 5 beers deep at home work that out???
Look i agree that they messed up the start according to the rules. I said that in the clipsal thread at the time and as soon as it started to my son. They need to go over this procedure and get this right next time. Naughty them.

But it was clear to all that the race had started under safety car. just some teams wanted to argue about it and others dealt with it

But that was the only issue.

140 litres in is the rules, everyone knew it, was well explained, some teams dealt with it better than others. Should we have that rule, Would prefer not to, but it has a purpose (although is the purpose still relevant (needs investigation)) But to have some halfarsed variations that may or may not affect the race is not the answer. That just makes things worse.

It was right to start the race under SC (it sucks, but it was right), it was right to call it out again when they did, it was right to have a red flag, it was right to re-start when they did. No-one likes timed finishes, but they are a necessary evil. They got the call right in my opinion with SVG, but im 60:40 on it. (incidents like that are always grey)

Did i mention that triple 8 messed up and LDM showed they understood the rules better (the richman and the pauper)