View Single Post
Old 8 May 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3732332)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I can see the thinking behind partial Code 60, but I'm not sure about the practicalities. For me, one of the good points about Code 60 is that when it's withdrawn every post goes green simultaneously & you're racing straight away - no waiting to overtake until you've crossed the start line. Incidentally, there is no post-incident green flag under Code 60

Judging speed is going to be a problem for cars without speedos. For that reason, on Saturday the Sports 2000s started their practice sessions under Code 60 conditions behind the course car, maybe something other formulae could copy.

An interesting comment from an MX5 driver who pulled off at my post on Sunday. He'd totally legally gained places after a Code 60 restart because he'd seen a marshal who was holding the Code 60 flag reaching for another flag. . . he was anticipating the green flag, the other drivers weren't!