View Single Post
Old 28 May 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3825348)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned the little ‘Trabbies’ in the Youngtimer race. Complete with two-stroke howl.......

Up at 3am Friday to make Brands for morning testing, which at least meant got a clear run- apart from the A11 being closed between home and Snetterton for ‘overnight roadworks’! Peeing down with rain and no sensible diversions......

Anyway, the two sessions went to plan, so we bedded, scrubbed and learnt something. Plus only one (short) red flag!

Early start again for Qualifying Saturday. Overnight rain had left the circuit damp, and as we were first on track, it took the whole 40 minutes for a dry line to appear. All good with the car though. 90 minute race was scheduled for 1650 start, but delays during the afternoon had us expecting it to be shortened. (Curfew.) MSVR did a good job of catching up some time though, and eventually we only lost a couple of minutes racing. Our race was spoiled, unfortunately,on the first lap, when I got side swiped and punted into a car the other side of me. Result, both sides of car damaged, and steering wheel now off centre by 45 deg.... After pitting, we managed to pull the rear wing off the tyre, and did the rest of the race with wonky steering wheel. Shame, but at least the engine ran perfectly at last!

Now pressure is on to get car repaired enough for Silverstone GTSCC in 3 weeks....

I thought the Trabants must have been some sort of demo or some German kids making it out on track having seen the video of the VW debacle a few years back.

Are you sure they were Trabants? geordies video lacked the usual trailing plume of oil smoke.

So what is it about Tenthers getting taken out this year with attacks to both sides?

James at Donington, now you at Brands. I sort of recall a couple of others too. Delta at Monaco, obviously, but for slightly different reasons on one side.