View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:02 (Ref:3428415)   #8
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
If Rick and Deon hadn't entered 7 of their SsangYong utes in the 1hr event the total numbers over both 1 and 3hr classes would have been approx 30.

Is the reason for the 2 NI endurance series is that one is sponsored by "Mahindra" a supplier of utes, and the Origin series with its chief benefactor the supplier of the SsangYong ute ?
JK, It was my idea to enter the Manfeild round of the Origin Series and it grew from 5 to maybe 6 utes to start with to 9 SARS utes. In no way were we there to prop the Origin Series up, I only proposed it to Rick 3 weeks ago following the one off and totally last minuet [Friday night before the race] appearence of Faine Kahia in one of our promo utes at the Taupo round of that series. I was also dissapointed to see how poorly the round was supported and if it was not for our utes it would have been a complete disaster for an all day event. There was absolutlely no spectators even though the spectator entry was fOC, however to be fair we did not expect any real spectator interest in such an event.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 30 Jun 2014 at 06:29.