Old 25 Jul 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3754235)   #79
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The rules you have referenced are for this year and dont allow for Gen 2 in them

but yes the engines will run alongside the current v8s, But there is nothing in the rules as far as i can see that stop a manufacturer bringing along a different capacity V8
I know they are this year's rules - hence why I put current in bold and underlined. The implication is that you can run V8s of different capacity up to 5000cc, even this year.

Another question is why don't the 2017 Technical rules allow for the other engine configurations and 2 door cars - all along they were supposed to have been eligible from 2017, but no new manufacturers came along and the existing ones didn't change. The rules should have still allowed for them.

From Supercars' own website, dated Aug 27 2016 - "Gen2 allows engines other than V8s and body shapes other than sedans in the category from 2017. At this stage it appears there will be no new vehicles or engines variations present on next year’s Virgin Australia Supercars Championship grid, though Triple Eight has confirmed it will build and race a Gen2 Commodore from 2018."

Link: 4th thread down in this VASC site search using gen 2 engines.