View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2019209)   #55
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
If NASA (my race orgainzation ) said they wanted to control my CPM, I would say BYE-BYE and go join the SCCA BS.

Computer codes in each CPM are based on each car AND driver, not a stock set of peramiters.

Really, stop drawing those conclusions, neither you or me knows how it works. I asked on the previous page how it worked but I havent got an answer on it yet. Neither you or me knows exactly what FIA did with the box, I've heard they did something with the spark timing or similar, which I find quite odd. Either way, it would most likely be some sort of standard program each team had to put in their computer together with their programs, that limits something in the engine, and would be identical for every car of the same model, and similar for all cars.
Theres a lot of series that the organisers control sertain parts of the program, FIA are even looking for providing spec ECUs for F1 with the new regs.
If done right, it should have no effect what so ever on teams leaving the serie, I belive this was encurraged by a lot of teams/manufacturers in FIA-GT as it would cut a whole lot of costs, as I said, the engine would be hugely more longlived when it doesnt have to choke all the time.

Either way, I asked a fairly straight forward question in my first post, and those speculations of yours arent providing any answers what so ever, or making it any clearer.

BTW, I dont think there has been more then tops 5 posts in this whole thread that can be regarded as really on topic... :P