View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2097730)   #80
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L
No, the T385 (the Nimrod Chassis) was based on the, then current, T600..

This is reasonably well documented and I have quickly checked two published reference sources since writing my original post..

The T70 link seems to be that various people likened the project, at the time, to it being an "update" of the works Astons of 1967, which were, as we know, basically the works T70's.. But it was the project iyself which was being likened to the T70, not the actual car itself..
My (rather sketchy, I admit) understanding re the T70/T385 similarities (or not) is based entirely on a conversation I listened to between my Dad and a 'bod' involved in the Nimrod project at Brands Hatch (presumably in 1982) rather than anything documented. I have always assumed what I heard to be correct.

Thanks for the info, David!