View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2133300)   #317
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
not bad James, not bad! Good catch.
Not good, either!

Anyway, it's just a nice little memory of my first encounter with the Lola Aston Martin. Spent a fascinating day at (and nearby) Snett with Malcolm yesterday.

There was a big Aston Martin presence at the circuit yesterday (staffwise). George Howard-Chappell was very gracious in allowing Malcolm and myself access to the garage. Must have spent a good 20 minutes just staring at it and taking it all in (engine cover was off!). It really is a thing of great beauty, and on track the sight and sound sends a shiver down your spine every time it passes, especially when standing on the pit wall just inches away from it. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

Jan Charouz and Stefan Mucke were both there. I was quite rude about Stefan last year (Charouz/Rollcentre questionable/forceful/dangerous driving incident, you know the one), and whilst Jan was having a seat fitting, Stefan chatted to Malcolm. What a thoroughly nice chap.......calm, polite, articulate.......I was very impressed, it was a great honour to meet him. And since that 'incident', he's certainly won me over as a driver. Very talented and extremely entertaining to watch!

Also met Darren Turner who showed us around the GT2 test car. The engine of this beast has an amazing ground shaking deep growl when it's on track, loved it!

I have a number of other photos, but having seen David Lord's () stunning photos of the car(s) on Daily Sportscar, I've decided mine are best kept away from public scrutiny!