Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4028706)   #1747
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
New cars delayed till 2023?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1

F1 is strongly denying it.

I think the only scenario where this would be desirable is when it's combined with strongly simplified power units.
I was just thinking the other day that this might happen. And I agree it would be a bad move. I also agree that the only positive reason to delay would be to sync up with a new power unit spec. But I doubt that would happen because

1. I don't think they are close on figuring that out.
2. It's likely that a new power unit specification would also trigger changes to the chassis specification/design (likely different dimensionally in both size and weight, likely different fuel capacity needs, different cooling needs, etc. lots of knock on effects on the chassis and aero design)
3. I expect teams are already very deep into 2022 designs. So a pause (to add new PSU) would mean much (not all) of that was money down the drain.

Richard