View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3770534)   #778
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so why arent you racing?
Because i'm not the type of driver Super2 wants in the field.... plus i don't have the budget and am out of interest in banging my head against a brick wall these days chasing motor racing budgets.....

Had a sponsorship deal come off I likely would have been in the non-championship Konica Series support race for the 2002 race...

I'm guessing you aren't racing because points aren't on offer though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Clearly a bunch of Super 2 competitors disagree.
I think that speaks more of the pathetic attitude of some of the current Super2 drivers or entrants these days then

Though they've probably been influenced by the rubbish Supercars management and VASC competitors pushed for years whinging about the AGP support races not being for championship points....

How did anyone get by when the Bathurst 1000 wasn't worth competing in because it didn't pay any championship points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
The Bathurst 1000 is a professional race and the place for weekend warriors ended about 20 years ago, often by one of them taking out a race contender.

These weekend warriors don't have the budget, machinery or skills to race at Bathurst or obviously they'd probably be in Super2 or making up a wildcard.

The romance of the old days is long gone.
The "Bathurst 1000" was a race for professionals and amateurs alike if you had an eligible car and could lap quicker than the specified standard.

The "Australian/Primus/FAI/V8Supercar/Bob-Jane-T-Marts/Supercheap-Auto 1000" introduced in 1997 is a race that tolerated amateurs for a while but ultimately always wanted to weed them out