Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3904335)   #3567
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
FWIW I'm currently involved in a multi billion euro operation and believe me technology only comes in to play if it can be got cheaply or paid for by someone else. Shareholders can be bloody difficult.
Regarding business bonafides, I am not doubting your experience. I am saying the business world is complex and no single perspective captures it in its entirety.

My personal experience is no doubt different than yours. I have spent nearly two decades going from startup in which I was in the first 100 employees to public company. Selling software to Fortune 100 companies across multiple verticals in a crowded market. Today, I am elsewhere. Now I am part of a Fortune 50.

In both... Sometimes it was only about cost, sometimes it was about technology/solution. We have won and lost in both scenarios. Regardless, cost always matters (especially if in a commodity or replacement market), but success is more than just cost.

Thanks for the civil discussion! Cheers!

Richard