View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2112761)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
At the moment IRL is in better (or, to make you happy, in less worse) shape, so I don't see why should Tony give it up and consign the american OW racing to a bunch of (moto racing) failure makers

Provided 50/50 companies never work well (there needs to be a leader, like him or not) it's not certainly IRL downsizing to a team owner that would accomplish this fair principle

The first rumour sounds quite new to me, and the second is totally absurd given the profits Honda make providing IRL engines

We're not talking about "any offer", but a very precise one, and if Haas is considering it, other CC teams are bound to do the same.
I don't think any of us are in the position to say it was a very precise offer. All that exists now is a robin miller story with an unnamed source.

I'd disagree the irl is in better shape. Fred Nation admitted several years ago the irl had never made a profit. It has been estimated recently the irl had burned though over $300 million since 1996.

If you think you're in a great position let's wait and see what turns up at Homestead? And indy? Duno, Roth, Chesson are hardly names people will be vaulting barricades to see race.

Can't see why a new company could not be formed that way there is no bickering. Plenty of smart people out there available to run a good series.

Forsythe and Kalkoven have enough money that if they are really ****ed off enough they can subsidize champcar for years to come.