View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2020, 04:17 (Ref:4001056)   #52
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
My Daughter is a vegetarian. Is there anyone else. ?? Other wise its burgers and sausages in buns. Alan was on about salad "horrible stuff".
I was once a vegetarian.... for about a week. I had just moved out of home, back in the 70's, taken on a mortgage, running a race car, and money was short, meat was expensive, and as I lived opposite the village pub, the White Horse in Norton, the landlord of which used to let me store car and trailer in a shed for nothing, I felt I couldnt give up beer.... so vegetarian I became.

The next weekend I went to Mum and Dad's (laundry to be done etc ) to be welcomed home to a steak dinner. I decided on the spot I was not cut out to be a vegetarian so became an omnivore again. I think I gave up coffee instead, which was also expensive. Been an avid tea drinker since, though I do like a coffee as well nowadays.

Edit: Just wrote that and on re-reading it realised Iain was asking the vegetarian question re catering for the weekend, not as a general question.
No Iain, sadly I wont be attending, so you are safe. We are locked down unable to venture more than 5 klms from home, let alone out of the country.

I will be there in thought though, and will crack a bottle of red in tribute. Wish all those attending a great safe weekend.

(Maybe I will take the bike round the block, with a bottle of red in the drink holder!)
Cheers
Chris

Last edited by E.B; 9 Sep 2020 at 04:23.