Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3842121)   #19
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
As unfortunate as it is from a corner worker perspective that Petit 2019 and the Runoffs 2019 are scheduled on the same weekend, it's no big deal at all as it might affect only 25 or so corner workers who won't be able to attend them both. No one is gonna reschedule for that.

I don't see a lot of overlap between the two events either but fail to understand why one should choice between Pro and Club racing - both have their charms and between the two there's plenty to enjoy and dislike at the same time.
The corner worker situation must not be overlooked. VIR has more stations and they usually rotate workers through out the week of the Runoffs so one worker doesn't work everyday. I already know of 4 people other than myself who will be working the Runoffs over PLM and the one lives less than an hour from Road Atlanta. I honestly believe this wouldn't be an issue at all of IMSA allowed the corner workers to do our job which would also help the overall racing too.

Now for the overlap it will depend on the support series running and how many of those drivers are also regular SCCA drivers also. As more than likely PLM will be the finally for any support series. If a driver isn't in the running for a title and has a shot at a Runoffs win they will more than likely go for the Runoffs to save money and have a shot at a Runoffs win.