View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3105441)   #32
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Bruton Smith should not be involved in motorsport. What an idiot. A case where capital punishment may not be a bad idea.
While Bruton might have some odd ideas and make downright poor decisions from time to time, one should not devalue everything he has done for the sport when it comes to the tracks - SMI has over the years poured an absolute crapload of money into the tracks, improving them for spectators and competitors alike. Sure, not all projects have been a success (the reconfiguration of Bristol comes to mind, but at least they poured even MORE millions into it to try and fix it) but anyway, calling for Bruton Smith's head is plain ignorant if you ask me.

...and for the record I never thought I'd one day have to actually defend Bruton Smith

As for the topic at hand, Jayski reports he's hearing Matt Kenseth will indeed replace Joey Logano in the #20 Home Depot/Dollar General Toyota. Just a rumour right now, of course, but a lot of the things Jayski "hears" about tend to be true... Time will tell, shouldn't be that long before Kenseth announces something officially now.