View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2171576)   #152
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Graham , thanks for coming on here. Your Dad really was a lovely genuine bloke, always had time for a chat whenever I bumped into him, since first meeting him when he raced his Royale RP24 back in 1977. At the time I was 'gofer' for Trevor van Rooyen on his RP24, many a battle between David and TvR, Mansell, Chico Serra, Blanchet, Roe, Sarazin, Devaney, etc in those days!

Later on I did a painting for him that was presented to him by Val Adaway of 'Formula Services' of his MG Metro that he raced in '84. Val's company did the paperwork, entries, commentator notes etc, for many teams and drivers back then, David was one of many clients. I also did a pen & ink drawing of the Group C Ecosse for David, presented to him by the Silverstone lady marshals as his 'Dish of the Day' award, presented to the driver they found the most 'dishy!'

He will be sorely missed. A great competitor, brilliant bloke and a fine gentleman. Sincere condolences to you all.