Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3914778)   #1255
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yes. Because that means the team put together the best package. That is part of the sport.
As I remember it, it didn't work that way. The tires where not static so teams could adapt or design to a fixed tire. You picked a partner for the season, then that tire manufacturer would tailor the design over time to fit the needs/feedback of their primary partner. Everyone else just had to deal with whatever they got. If you had two tire manufacturers, there were two teams who benefited the most (i.e. Ferrari and Mercedes). If there was a significant disparity between the two providers... you just hoped you were on the winning side over the course of the season. If you were partnered with the bad one, you had a rough season.

Richard