View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3893678)   #2816
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Slight change of tack, onto electric cars. My only experience with an electric car was limited, but a quick squirt on the freeway found no real engine noise obviously, but you could hear the tyre noise loud and clear. Maybe tyre brand / profile used becomes critical? Is it part of life with an electric car? I know many of you have more electric car experience than I....
As the everyday user of an EV, I can confirm that with virtual silence from the drive train, tyre noise is more noticeable. But my car is still quieter than most small diesels hatches. One advantage of tyre noise is that pedestrians and cyclists hear it. As a pedestrian and cyclist I appreciate the warning! Some EVs have artificial noise up to a certain speed, but it’s really only of benefit at extremely slow speeds.

Going back to old cars, nice to see Prince Charles and Camilla pictured driving an MGTD in Cuba. But concours points lost for the modern tread pattern tyres.... And, knowing that a lot of Cuban classics are original in outward appearance only, I’m wondering if the MG had a Nissan or Toyota drive train. (Jesting- sure it would be original to justify their use for the occasion!)