View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3995089)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
First - the Holdsworth. It's my Winter bike and now has mudguards

This has been a great bike - ridden throughout the winter in all weathers. Funnily enough, it's also a great conversation piece. I've lost count of the number of drivers and cyclists who've admired it and said they had a Holdsworth in the past.
When I was a lad in Wandsworth two mates had Holdsworth racers. Not as sophisticated as this but it's good to know they are still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Second - the Argon 18 which was built with a lot of bits I cannibalised from another bike.

My favourite bike in nice weather.
Nice. (Also a city in France).

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Attachment 63460
Yep, 4 speed Sturmey Archer, front and rear suspension and a Mickey Mouse bell!
Good stuff. Makes me think of that TV series WA1 where the characters vie'd to own the most sophisticated Brompton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Never ever got sturmey archer gears to work on either of the bikes I had as a youth. Always stuck in third, no matter how much I tried (or so called experts tried) to adjust them. Always though they were a rubbish eye design compared to deraillieur.
You were lucky. We were so poor I could only have a single cog bike.