Thread: DTM DTM 2020
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4004808)   #224
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
This some people it's me and at the moment of writing it I completely lost confidence in DTM's chance to make GT3 work. But now as it became much closer to happening, I'm happy they've found a way through and as I enjoy watching ADAC GT races, I think DTM will be even more interesting as GT3 cars provide for a good racing spectacle and with different format of racing it should be even better.

As for how they will present themselves, Berger already said "DTM will be the best GT sprint championship in the world" so I doubt they will claim they're touring car racing series. As you rightly say, recently DTM's been far away from a 'typical' touring car and honestly saying, DTM is just DTM. It's the brand recognised around the world (okay, at least in Europe) so probably it doesn't matter if it's touring, grand touring or silhouette racing. I hope its identity won't be lost as it'll move to GT Pro and let's be honest, it's the best solution they could come up with. I believe they'll make it work.
I agree, if it is the best/only option on the table for a series to continue, it has to be taken.
Some people won't care, some will embrace it, some will be upset.