Old 20 Nov 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4018050)   #2173
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
German police for instance are often quicker to arrive than the ambulance (fascinating but inevitable, more police cars out there than ambulances, so easiert to divert) and the very first thing they check (after making sure nobody needs urgent first aid) is paperwork, all kinds of paperwork, from current MOT to safety assesment requirements, to records of work related required safety training, and what have you, even if the coppers on site of the accident dont know what to ask for at first, they can contact somebody who does and that is what they do if fancy tickles them
the larger and more corporate You look the more likely you are to get put through the grinder

RudE

Are you saying that none of this happened pre-Brexit, Rude?

I think there are many scare stories about that are just that - stories.

I was a working man for around 10 years before the UK joined the EEC and I applied for many carnets for companies I worked for with no problems and little cost working with Chambers of Commerce.

I hear all the comments made by remainers about the horrors of the UK not having a trade deal come 2021 and what will happen to British exports. I always ask the question of what Mercedes, BMW and VW/Audi will do with all the cars they export to the UK under such circumstances. We should remember that the EU sells more goods to the UK than the other direction (and I am referring to goods, not services). I am sure the level headed Germans will ensure we have suitable trade deals in place in time.