View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3599331)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I've gone for more new tarmac than the rest, which isn't a surprise as I don't like street circuits.
New section begins with T2 turning South running parallel with Ross Creek entering into a fairly open hairpin that's T3 before retuning back through a series of sweepers on the far set of lanes of the Causeway - After reviewing what I had done at street view, T6 shall go around and not through that magnificent tree.

T8 sees the first of 2 short cuts for the Formula E series. T8 hairpin on the main circuit could in reality be too tight, and all series would use the shortcut.

Returning back from T8, T9 uses the carpark entrance road rather than the current layout, but allows for T10 where we rejoin the current circuit.

I'm calling the main circuit left hander onto the chicane loop T14 for the main circuit, Formula E continue straight on, into a double right hander which leads those cars back onto the pit straight.
The Formula E circuit is 3.1km long. If this is to long, then the current circuit to the right hander onto the Causeway would remove at least 500m.

The Esses of T17 and T18 take us off circuit again, and down Railway Avenue to a residential area, where we turn right handed at T19.
T20 & T21 in reality are over emphasised junctions with large kerbs, the exact layout at these could either get cars airborne or have kerbs removed into a very shallow esses. T23 sees a return to the current circuit area, though adapted further.

THE overall size of the main circuit is 5.1km

In this case, Townsville has a very good Streetview, and it's on using that, I have made the reality comments. It would depend on just how much the good folks of Townsville love their racing.
Attached Thumbnails
Townsville Graphic.jpg   Townsville E1.jpg   Townsville T8.jpg  

Townsville E2.jpg   Townsville chicane.jpg