View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2002, 13:03 (Ref:437894)   #1
MikeKocur
Rookie

MikeKocur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 California Speedway

Hello everyone! I have been a huge fan of Formula 1 for all my life. I've also been a huge fan of CART for about 10 years and I've a huge fan of the IRL for a year. IRL was definetly the most exciting series to watch this year. There is something about oval racing i like alot. I quess it's the close racing. I know it is the too much downforce and too little power formula that makes the IRL so close, but it was still pretty amazing and exciting to watch, especially the last race at Texas. But only racing on ovals definetly takes alot away from the series. I mean when CART came to Fontana, it just felt magical. I mean right from the start of the SPEED broadcast...oh man...! The awesome song and everything. BTW, could someone name the song and the artist, please. I love oval racing, and I just can't understand how someone doesn't, and i think it was the best CART race of the season. Don't get me wrong, i love roadracing too and that is why CART used to be the ABSOLUTELY BEST series in the world. I think it is a shame that CART is dropping the ovals, because i don't think it will ever be the same without them. If there only was a single OW series in the US i would be happy, like I used to be before the IRL. I understand if nobody cares for anything i have said, but that's ok, these were only my opinions. And at last, if i could unite IRL and CART and form a single series, this would be my schdule:
1. Homestead
2. Long Beach
3. Laguna Seca
4. Milwaukee
5. Indy 500
6. Portland
7. Brands Hatch
8. Spa
9. Lausitz
10. Gateway
11. Michigan 500
12. Chicagoland
13. Monterrey
14. Mexico City
15. Rio oval or Interlagos
16. Texas Motor Speedway
17. Road America
18. Toronto
19. Vancouver
20. Motegi
21. Surfers
22. California Speedway 500
some alternatives: Pocono, Mid-Ohio, Las Vegas speedway, Atlanta speedway, and wait i forgot one...Watkins Glens !!!!
I know it is a bit long list, but there are so many awesome tracks. I would like to see some of your dream schedules.