View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3621891)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i thought F1 rules required the involvement of corrupt billionaires?

but seriously, the teams seems well funded, has always been competitive, more so then many of would have guessed, and people seem to be getting paid on time. and really Mallya is a figurehead for the team. to be honest im not sure what his contributions as Team Principle even are.

when they first started out i guess i would have said Mallya is an integral part of the team so his personal behaviour, good or bad, reflected on the team's image.

but based on their performance over the years, i dont really even associate the team with Mallya anymore and am willing to look at his negative press as a poor reflection on Mallya himself and not as a negative reflection on the team.

so i guess i dont see how his 'disrepute' transfers onto the team. obviously the F1 media will make the connection whenever they can but as a fan i feel like the team has earned the right to stand as a separate entity i could really care less who the owner (part owner) is...if that even makes sense.