View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:47 (Ref:3829027)   #45
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
back in 2005-2006 British GT had races in France, how the heck was this possible and not BTCC
BGT has a significant amount of 'wealth', or put simply Gentlemen with expensive weekend hobbies, so the cash flow model differs.

BTCC teams are utterly dependent on sponsors cash: there are not really any Gentlemen drivers: Mr George is the last one I would sit in that category. I will add a thoroughly decent Gentleman too, whose hobby assisted others presence on the grid.

I do believe our Scottish brethren would turn out en masse for two events: one early season and the other late Aug/ early Sep would work. There are a number of Scottish race series that could potentially cover the support package too if the F4, Clios etc. were exempted from the travel. Several BTCC teams did cry off Knockhill before the licencing system: yes, it's not exactly local for Bartie or Shaun H, but a days run in a HGV can cover the distance.