Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3868280)   #758
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder how much time the team had to prep for this? Coming up with another season's budget has to be difficult. So two yellow Caddy's on the grid. Was this the first time we heard of Rubens being in the car? That is a pretty big score for one of the "small" teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansnsx View Post
Be pretty funny if Defrancesco's family business shows up as a sponsor! Would be like a flashback to F1 circa 1977, lol.

As for the Red Dragon, that was always Bob Stallings spending Gainsco money in his role as Executive Chairman and it had been drastically reduced over the last few years. Maybe the board pulled the plug or maybe some other factor at play.
It sounded like the announcement was buried in the tweet and PR regarding the driver lineups so think they kept it under wraps if they knew. Gainsco is pulling all motorsports money so think it is a change like ESM losing Patron, the company is going another direction and it is out of the hands of the man previously writing the checks. MP sounded surprised in a comment on the article so I'm thinking it was not known prior, yeah I'm surprised he reads and responds on comments too but I've seen it a reasonable amount lately from him.