View Single Post
Old 1 May 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1598977)   #2
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mark, As an ex-marshall I think the part the marshalls play in motor racing is fundamental to the success of the sport and for that I truely thank all of you. That aside I can't help but reply to the comment made by you. In my humble opinion it does nothing for either the sport, the marshalls or the drivers concerned.

The race officials were happy with the reports they got from ALL concerned and put this down to a "Racing incident". From my "Excellent" vantage point and racing experience I would DEFINATELY put this down to a racing incident. Close racing is what make formula ford what it is........Excellent! and thats why it has stood the test of time.

I think it would be a bad idea to speak of individual incidents after the race in a public forum.....Not good for anyone!
I had an unfortunate incident at Silverstone myself this weekend but I equally blame myself for the incident and result, as I believe Hutch would after Sundays race 1.

John and Ian have a season long championship to contest and I expect it to be a thrilling contest. They are both drivers with excellent skill andf race craft. They will use every inch of such to gain the upperhand by the end of the season. For me - This just livens things up....We've had the starter - I'm ready for the main course and pudding!.....Mind you I'm always ready for a pudding. (For those that don't know me - A reference to my bulk!)

Great job bby the marshalls at the weekend - Hats off to all of you guys n galls in orange....I was well impressed......Both at Silverstone and Anglesey. Did any of you make both venues???????..........I did....