View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3156523)   #11
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
P2: 1x Conquest Endurance Morgan-Nissan
1x Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
I must have missed where these were confirmed. I thought Conquest was having financial trouble, and in jeopardy because of the ALMS acquisition in that their contract to distribute the Morgan in the U.S. wasn't really worth much anymore. As for Dempsey (sidenote: the official designation is B12/87, but that doesn't truly matter ), I thought it was still possible for them to do the WEC instead.

Both of those thoughts, however, could be wrong. I'm probably just behind on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Ganassi? In the ALMS?
The ALMS will run in 2013, but is owned by NASCAR. NASCAR, in fact, are the ones who got Sebring and Petit on SPEED/FOX Sports 1 in 2013. So it's not longer a crime for Ganassi to run ALMS, and he may do it alongside Grand-Am as a way to get a feel for an LMP2.

Why?

Because LMP2s might be included in Grand-Am for 2014, and Ganassi's standard-issue bodywork has some aerodynamic disadvantages to the Corvette bodywork. Ganassi already has HPD ties through IndyCar, so he may be looking at using an LMP2 in a combined DP/P2 class from 2014. I don't think it's a huge stretch, but again, it's speculation on my part.

Another consideration RE: HPD: CORE Autosport. This obviously isn't in reference to Hindhaugh's hint, but CORE use Starworks' drivers (Popow, Dalziel, Kimber-Smith, etc). and have an interest in going to LMP2. Starworks could help them out with an HPD more than anything. Once more, speculation, not based on anything.