View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3945594)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Most thankless job in the world. If he had waited until the crane was off the track and parked up people would have complained about the extra lap under the SC.

As it was they could see on the closed circuit cameras that the crane was reversing into the gap and the senior marshal on scene reported that it would be clear in time. What no-one spotted was a vehicle in the way that meant the crane couldn't complete it in one move as it should have been able to.
Not sure I agree with that. It certainly isn't a thankless job if done right (see WEC, ELMS and IMSA), but can be thankless when the series makes constant errors (see Blancpain and FE). I feel like FE is now mature enough that we should be having these sort of school boy errors. It isn't the first very poor that's been made.

I also question the CCTV and marshal report. It seems awfully coincidental that the race went back to green and then did a good few corners and only once the regular TV camera picked up the crane still on the circuit did they go back to yellow - and with some panic in the voice of the race director as well. He was clearly not aware of what state the circuit was in, as illustrated by the panic and late call to redeploy the yellow. I question what would've happened had the TV camera not picked it up.

I like Formula E - more than most motorsport fans it seems. But these sort of errors are not acceptable at any level. When you add in the complete inability to come up with effective rules regarding the Attack Zone and when you can overtake under SC, you end up with a bad painting of the current rule makers.

Good series. But the time for these sort of problems have passed. It needs to get a grip of things.