View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3888488)   #25
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'm not rooting for anybody or any team in prticular, or wishing anyone or any team bad things.

For the best of the championship, I hope someone other than Lewis wins the driver championship and someone else than Mercedes wins the constructor championship.
Realistically, Ferrari probably has the best chance to do so; and Vettel is the most likely candidate for the title then. Bottas as a champion would be as OK to me as anybody else (though unlikely).
While I hope someone other than Mercedes wins the constructors championship, I don't want them to be blown away either. Just beaten by somone who is marginally better this year.

I wish Renault gets the engine boost it was looking for. This would probably bring Renault (the team) a bit closer to Ferrari-Mercedes-Red Bull. A four-way fight is always nicer than a three-way fight. At the same time, that could also benefit McLaren.
I hope Sainz does well, I like the guy since I met him at Spa some years ago (in Renault World Series)

Next, I hope Leclerc does alright against Vettel. Close to him when Vettel has the upper hand, and beat him from time to time. I hope Ferrari has enough patience when/if things don't go smoothly at times, and does not put unnecessary pressure on him.