View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3912673)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Historic Single Seaters- recession proof?

The following was posted by Mike Crow on the Silverstone Classic thread recently. Made me think- makes a lot of sense IMO....

"Single seater grids seem to get stronger and stronger whilst closed wheel grids are struggling. Am I naive in thinking that single seaters are generally more original and less subject to development than newly built, hot rod modified and downright illegal GTs, sports and saloons. Perhaps people are finally getting fed up with competing with their cheque books rather than their skills. U2TC at Truxton being an example. I was impressed with how pleasantly lacking in glitz the HF2 paddock at Brands was. Just a few guys with spanners and the cars under an awning but a huge entry."

Of course, we may not be in a Historic Racing 'recession', but falling grid sizes in certain categories must be of concern?