View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3980823)   #10
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry

I started going in 97, missed one year - due to my father having a serious fall, on the evening of what would have been our departure.. That was 2018.

It wasn't actually that bad - even though my father was in hospital at the time I was able to keep up with events on track. It was more missing out on meeting up with others and being part of the event, than the event itself (if that makes sense???)..!

I actually hope it does run in September and that it is an open event, or at least those who want to go are allowed to go. It will make for a completely different race, weather-wise and hours of daylight-wise, which would mix things up (hopefully).

Just think I need to invest in a more substantial sleeping bag....

I'm going to 'attend' the virtual race - which I am looking forward to. Does it replace the real race? Of course not, but it should be a competitive event nonetheless and hopefully there will be some decent coverage and a few driver live streams as well. I've already got a load of merguez in the fridge, so will be getting as authentique as possible!

I've got some home made Sloe gin ready for the traditionelle ten-tenthers cheese fest (fest du fromage) so have set aside most of that weekend for the event anyway, but I might have to forget to put the tent up and slum it indoors!!