View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3980941)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It should have been my 10th in a row this year. A nice little milestone.

I'm not really thinking too hard about September at the moment. The fact I have some major work challenges with the new date doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. I'd add my voice to those who say they'd rather it gets cancelled than run behind closed doors.

It reminds me a bit of the football situation currently and, with that, I guess I thought it was a bit selfish of many fans who said that if they couldn't be there watching in the stadiums they didn't want games to go ahead. When you consider the millions of people around the world who would get joy from watching it on TV and obviously the larger percentage would never be there in person. But when it comes to Le Mans I'm obviously a hypocrite because I'd prefer they just cancelled it. Especially because, unlike a football stadium, I'm certain there would still be people (hopefully our resourceful local members) who could still find a way to watch it.

So a lot of mixed feelings all round. The only thing I can find as a positive is thankfully this didn't happen next year as we're about to go into an exciting new rules cycle with new cars etc. The 2020 race is, on paper at least, one of the least appetising editions in recent memory. But it would still hurt not to be there.