View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2020, 18:28 (Ref:4020652)   #7686
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know about Ford, since their European division is still going strong, add to that Chrysler is global (though mostly indirectly due to Fiat and Peugeot ownership stakes),

However, GM is def. contracting, given that they've put Holden on the back burner and ceased production in Australia. Also, Opel and Vauxhall were sold to Peugeot/PSA. And we do have to remember that the last time that Cadillac ventured outside of NA, it didn't work out too great, be it selling cars or racing.

But then again, what you brought up did kinda kill Audi full time in the ALMS, as Audi and Audi Sport wanted Audi of America to foot a bigger part of the bill for running in the ALMS vs LM and/or a World Championship. Ironically, the guy who ran AoA back then I believe is running Cadillac right now.

I do believe, though, there has to be some give and take, be it if IMSA and or the ACO voluntarily do so, or it's forced upon them by the OEMs. Who, after all, both are spending plenty of time pandering to (as always whilst neglecting potential privateer efforts).