View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3746873)   #4943
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
A single variable? A new chassis type (raised roof profile, seating position for safety), new aero (movable aero which I think is actually cool), new batteries (different storage demands to do things 1km on electric), new hybrids (in conjunction with the battery) and introduction of the plug in (which will have to be considered in the design of the car all around). That's not a single thing, that's 5 things, major things that are going to be changed from the current rules.
The latter three are already being developed by several manufacturers on their road car side, so that cost is subsidized regardless, the teams would want a new chassis anyway by 2020, and active aero is just too f*cking cool .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's besides the fact they'll be doing things like reduce testing, which is cheaper to do to find results than using your facilities or renting them (windtunnel, cfd etc), reduce windtunnel hours (which teams will now switch over to more expensive cfd) and you can go on down the list.
Touche.