Thread: WEC 2017 WEC Season
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3779828)   #457
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Funny that the commentators talk about points all the time but never actually seemed to discuss what the points scale is. So whenever they say. Oh Racer A has a 4 point lead over Racer B. That means nothing to me. With that said. The drivers championship in GTE is what interest me for Bahrain. Ferrari looks to have a good shot at manufacturers at this point. They have had by far the most occasions where both cars finished in the top 5 in GTE overall (combined pro/am). Both the 51 and 71 will have to get knocked out early to lose it which I don't think will happen. I really enjoyed watching the GTE race at Shanghai. It was excellent for many reasons. For me it was because it was Ford and Porsche battling it for the win this time rather than AF Corse and AMR which I am less of a fan of.

1st = 25 pts; 2nd = 18 pts; 3rd = 15 pts; 4th = 12 pts; 5th = 10 pts; 6th = 8 pts; 7th = 6 pts; 8th = 4 pts; 9th = 2 pts; 10th = 1 pt

Contenders for drivers:

1. 51 Ferrari (Calado/Pier Guidi) 120
2. 91 Porsche (Lietz/Makowiecki) 115

Will be cheering for the #91 for sure. They will have to win with he 51 finishing 3rd or worse.
Interesting point you've raised here. Commentators can't really discuss the points for each positive effectively, as by the time you've read out 10th place, people have forgotten second place points and it's a bit lost. But I think your point applies to written articles too.

So for things like, race previews, where it'll say "Ferrari is 5 points ahead of Porsche" and all the usual stuff, would you find it beneficial to have a points table at the bottom, for example? Anything else useful that could go there?