View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3767993)   #111
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No wonder it lost control then! It's also the number on a well know pale blue GT40.....

Yes, the race started around 45 minutes late so was never going to be 6hrs. Shortest I've done, and it does mean having to recalculate fuel strategy, same as safety car periods do, and of course spending time in the pits trying to straighten out damage inflicted by others.....
If it gets any shorter it will be close to a one driver sprint .... (I may be exaggerating slightly there.)

So you either need to carry a crowbar to effect trackside repairs, make the door thinner so they can simply be pushed out or removable or have them made of carbon fibre so other cars just bounce off in those circumstances.

Plan D, I suppose, would be to get in the way in such circumstances rather than make room but that might quickly become a little controversial.

The investigation into events today elsewhere might provide some guidance on the matter.