View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2541827)   #171
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
All go for A1GP

THE State Government says it has an 'unconditional' written assurance from A1GP bosses that the racing series will be on the Gold Coast for next month's SuperGP.

The Government moved to shore up the A1GP following a day of destabilising rumours that claimed the financially-stricken series was on the cusp of folding.

Speculation about A1GP's commitment to the Gold Coast's most important event hit fever pitch yesterday when the Opposition went on the attack.

They were quick to put the knockers on the event, suggesting the SuperGP was doomed and the State Government's promise that the cars would arrive was 'less than convincing'.

However, Sport Minister Phil Reeves said A1GP boss Tony Teixeira had told him on Monday at least 15 teams were booked to fly to the Gold Coast in mid-October and there was no substance to rumours they would pull out at the last minute.

"He has personally advised me that everything is go, and I've also received written assurance -- an unconditional and irrevocable assurance -- that the A1GP series will be part of the SuperGP," he told The Bulletin.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html
TT is at it again. I know of a least 2 teams that are not A1 supported (and several A1 supported) and they all know nothing of TT's so called travel plans? In fact they know nothing FULL STOP