View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2843233)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Gentleman Drivers race at the Classic will always prioritize the better cars and to be honest they are right to take that stance. It is the only race where specceis are a consideration and in all due respect the paying public would prefer to see a Ferrari than an MGB. This is the reason Pre63 GT is watched by so many..
The costs are crazy and the circuit owners are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they continue ramping costs. Hobby racing is an imperfect science where the participant carries on doing it until such time they consider it poor bang for their buck. The principle difference between weekend warriors and professional teams doing modern stuff is that the weekend warrior is spending his own cash.
Simon,

I can accept that position if it says it on the entry form. If it doesn't then its first come, first served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Peter, I do not know if this year will be same as last two, as I havn't entered anything. For all I know they could have used same 'selection' process on Cobras, 'E' types as well!
As I said I'll call them when I get back next week.