View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3896491)   #1689
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from VLN1: https://bit.ly/2Ia7wad

The first half of this album is actually from the text day on the Friday, a glorious sunny Spring day.

The fog delay restricted qualifying to an hour and the late start to the race meant I only saw an hour of it before I had to leave to catch my plane. Thus, some of these are rushed (for example, at Pflanzgarten I had to shoot through the fence rather than wait for my turn at the photo cutout).

Some interesting cars amidst the 4 German marques, not least a wonderful Viper, which seemed to have the speed but not the reliability. The Lexus is fine to look at but not very fast. The SCG looks great in red. The Konrad Lambo seems more competitive and there was also a Ferrari 488 and a 458.

Nurburgring is just completely awesome. I so strongly urge anyone who has not yet been to get to a VLN race. Relaxed, friendly atmosphere, not too crowded, enough time to watch from various points. Go on the Friday and watch the afternoon testing, then (if all goes to plan) 90 mins qual and a 4 hour race on the Saturday. Great B&Bs are in every town and village and are always remarkably cheap, comfortable and friendly (I stayed in Kelberg for 55 Euro including a lovely breakfast). Just do it!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 9 Apr 2019 at 20:58.