View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2487195)   #42
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
And the long circuit at Adelaide was used for the 2000 ALMS finale, so it's seen some use more recently than even 1995.

If there is a Spanish round, let it be at Jerez. Even with the modifications, I'd take Mugello slightly over Imola for Italy.

The 2007 CART circuit at Las Vegas was good, and would have been better without that chicane, but the tunnel is probably too narrow to be considered "safe". Caesar's Palace was pathetic back in the '90s. Since it's already equipped with the fencing and other things for Indy Cars, how about Watkins Glen for the United States?

Mexico City shouldn't be such a problem as it has been substantially upgraded, and the banking is even less of a factor (there's a reason it's called Peraltada corner now instead of Peralta).

I'll look some more at the various Scandinavian venues and get back with my thoughts there.