Old 8 Jun 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2706554)   #18
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
However, another stupid incident claimed by the Joker…
I was at Nyirad (hottest day i have ever spent at a rallycross meeting), stood about 30 metres away and this was caused by the two Russians' machoism. Neither gave an inch and just drove each other into the barriers. Shocking driving really, as those cars are so well set-up.

Anyway, I'm glad you raised the joker issue, cos without a joker on the first corner (and with 5 abreast starts with equal power) there was so much contact and incidents in the first corner. I guess some people love that, but it is massively frustrating to see two cars go off/damaged/buckle wheel etc after first corner bunching, I would say 30% of heats.

I know that the joker detracts from the action, but so does waiting 10 minutes after every third heat for the clean up (and in 28 degrees heat blazing sunshine, this feels like an hour). Maybe the answer is staggered starts, and no joker. If even 4 out of 5 of the cars get a good start, you get carnage if start 5 abreast.

Aside from that, top weekend, great track, great weather (and no dust!) and will be going back next and urge any tenthers to go too.