View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2706985)   #21
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Anyway, I'm glad you raised the joker issue, cos without a joker on the first corner (and with 5 abreast starts with equal power) there was so much contact and incidents in the first corner. I guess some people love that, but it is massively frustrating to see two cars go off/damaged/buckle wheel etc after first corner bunching, I would say 30% of heats.

I know that the joker detracts from the action, but so does waiting 10 minutes after every third heat for the clean up (and in 28 degrees heat blazing sunshine, this feels like an hour). Maybe the answer is staggered starts, and no joker. If even 4 out of 5 of the cars get a good start, you get carnage if start 5 abreast.
Now I don't understand you. Are you saying a jokerlap must be in the first corner? Or no jokerlap at all???
You know, back in the good ol' days they didn't need 10 minutes to clean a one-car incident. But that was when they handled a full rallycross weekend of 90+ cars on a single day, instead of hours and hours of lunchbreaks.
Also I don't remember that they used to drive so agressively back then. Nowadays they drive eachother in the wall without even thinking about it, see Hunsbedt at Lydden and the Russians at Nyirad for example.

Quote:
Aside from that, top weekend, great track, great weather (and no dust!) and will be going back next and urge any tenthers to go too.
No dust, no kidding! That track had no gravel at all!
But it's nice to hear you had a great weekend.