View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2932391)   #46
Thurner_fan
Rookie

Thurner_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Jim.
I note your comments regarding wheelbase? I was only aware of 2 derivatives of the thurner designed chassis, IE that fitted to cars up to and including the Vixen S1 and the later LWB chassis first fitted under the Tuscan V8 which later formed the Vixen S2 chassis with a 4" wheelbase stretch.

When you discuss a slightly longer wheelbase between 1800s and MK3 Grantura models are you referring to a pick up point / castor angle change within the original chassis dimensions? i wasn't aware that the chassis on the early thurner cars had changed apart from the adoption of tubular lower wishbones with the 1800S in place of triumph versions??

N.
To clarify, I didn't mention a wheelbase change and I agree with your first paragraph.

I did refer to a slightly narrower track for the earlier MKIII (1622cc) car and if you look at the data sheet I posted you will see the figures I was talking about. The eighth column shows identical basic dimensions, including wheelbase, but the thirteenth column indicates a slightly different track. I believe this data was culled from the original homologation papers for each model and I came by it many years ago amongst a pile of various TVR stuff.

Finally, my name is not Jim. But let's not get into the whole identity thing, there are other threads for that.

TF