Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3707853)   #389
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ha, I'm guessing three, maybe four. But as long as I get to watch them racing, what do I care? I would love GM to actually try embracing customer racing for once, but I guess it's just as likely in this instance as it usually is.

Marcel; any truth you think to rumblings that the German GT4 binge precludes a GT3 ban at the 'Ring?
If they wanted to make GT4 the top class at the Ring a heck of a lot more cars would have to go than just the GT3s. That would also kill SP7 and the Porsche Cup class. Altogether that would probably mean that teams are looking at replacing 50 or 60 cars - I can't see that being done on a whim. Unless their hand was being forced, VLN would have to announce something like this two years in advance to give their customers (the teams!) a chance to prepare for the change over and get some mileage out of their old cars before they become obsolete.

If it were to happen, then not before 2019.