View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3926413)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Hamilton hinted Ferrari caused all this,
Ha, well... I can roll my eyes at that. Totally self inflicted by all the teams who sat parked in the garage. Mercedes included.

Quote:
although I think the worst bit was very early in the lap in the first chicane with the confusion of the Renault going straight on and the RacingPoint not wanting to get past him.
When that happened and he took the escape road, I thought that was glorious. Sadly it didn't work. I wish it had as I thought it was a brilliant move. But because everyone insisted on not being first in line it just extended the delay and putting everyone at risk.

Quote:
Complete madness.
And we thought F1 was predictable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure there should be penalties. It's kinda self-penalising isn't it? The people who were stupid didn't get a lap in.
Agree. Outside of Leclerc/Ferrari, I don't think anyone came out ahead and I don't think Ferrari was trying to create this problem. I think it just mostly played out as we saw it. I think EVERYONE was looking to improve on their earlier time. I think we are unlikely to see this happen to this level again. All the Q3 teams looked like idiots at the end of the day.

Quote:
Crofty certainly shouted he didn’t make it, but I ignored that!
Sorry, I just have to say I enjoy any comment that speaks to Crofty and his shouting. To this day, if my wife is around when I watch a race and he starts shouting (many times for no apparent reason) and she just says... Why is he shouting?

There is the medical condition named "Pseudobulbar Affect" where you laugh or cry at inappropriate moments. I think Crofty is the poster child for the shouting variant of that.

Richard