Thread: Driver 2018 F1 team mate battles
View Single Post
Old 1 May 2018, 04:03 (Ref:3818565)   #116
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Grosjean was searching for anything to use an excuse. Poking his head inside the cockpit after getting out, looking where the steering wheel went, hoping to find something. Blaming Ericsson, etc... He's one of about 7 or 8 drivers that are entirely replaceable and don't serve much purpose other than grid filler.

I thought there was some great racing between verstappen and ricciardo. Most of it very fair. I just finished the race and haven't read the race thread yet, but I didn't see too much to blame one more than the other, except for a little too much weaving, blocking the fateful move by ricciardo. Verstappen has always been an aggressive defender, if that is a term, and maybe overall is a little more "jarring" in all aspects of his driving than the typical f1 driver. His passes are often spectacular, often slim to no chance, his defending is often spectacular and often too much, bordering on dangerous. He's definitely exciting, and I hope as the rough edges smooth out, he still maintains his great talent.

How about Hartley with a nice finish in the race? I'm happy for him.